The next issue of the European Optical Society Biennial Meeting 2018 of the European Optical Society (EOS) will take place in Delft, the Netherlands, from 8 – 12 October. The EOS is a federation of national societies from all over Europe and PhotonicsNL is the branch of the EOS in the Netherlands.
Netherlands is the hot spot for photonics in Europe and the strong optics research and industry in Delft makes it a perfect location to hold the upcoming symposium. The meeting will once again include some very interesting topics:
- Nine topical meetings on very diverse themes such as silicon and integrated photonics, imaging optics and optical design, nano-optics and metamaterials, biomedical optics and optical metrology.
- Very attractive list of invited speakers
- Special session about grand challenges in photonics such as optical quantum computing and the extremely large telescope
- Tutorials about the main topics of the conference on Monday 8 October(*)
- Institute visits
- Industrial exhibition
- Welcome reception on Monday
- Network dinner in the Porcelijne Fles (the Royal Dutch Pottery manufacturer)
- Presenting the latest results in optics and photonics research
(*)The tutorials are primarily aimed at students who are new to the field. Participation of these tutorials is free for all registered participants of the conference.
The EOSAM2018 is also a topical meeting of the ICO, the International Committee of Optics, which is the worldwide umbrella organization of optics in which OSA, SPIE, EOS and many other societies collaborate. The participation of ICO will make the event more international.
Contribute to this meeting by submitting an abstract (submission deadline has been extended until 31 May), by registering as an exhibitor, or by becoming a sponsor of this event. But of course you are welcome to attend this event as a visitor, registration will open in May
Stay informed and check the latest information on the EOSAM website.